I’m not making light of a deadly disease but it’s obvious that the people who name the Covid variants don’t watch cartoons.
Ah yes, The Big Sleep with Bogie and Bacall. I’ve watched it over and over through the years and each time I find a new, hidden gem in the plot.
How about you ? Have you figured out the intertwining plots that make this film so wonderful and maddening at the same time ? Here’s some information that adds to the fun of finding your way through Chandler’s creation.
Here’s a great video from the BBC about the new roller skating craze.
Yay ! I’m really glad to see people getting into this great pastime. I spent every spare minute I had going ice skating (It relieved the stress of my Russian Ballet lessons). Skating in any way that you can is so much fun that you forget everything else that’s going on. Sure, it takes some coordination and practice but skating on wheels is something you can figure out for yourself. Once you feel confident having the Earth moving under your feet you’re good to go.
Wear knee protection ( trust me, you don’t want to get banged up when you’re starting out).
Get New Skates :
You can start from scratch with used skates at a rink but, as soon as you can afford it, you need to buy your own high quality skates. The reason is that you’ll have more fun and success in skates that fit you and the most important thing is ankle support.
Don’t Try Tricks Without An Instructor :
The front “stopper” on your skates is important for performing tricks but don’t get ahead of yourself. Putting your stopper down when your even going slowly can cause you to fly forward, crash and burn. That’s how you break your nose, wrist or arm. Pay a real skating instructor for a lesson or two, most rinks have teachers ready to help you. Your body parts will be glad you did.
Don’t Skate Alone At A Ring When Starting Out :
If you can, Go skating with a friend, instructor or parent. You can laugh with each other every time you land on your tush instead of feeling like everyone is judging you and you feel that you look like an idiot.
Hopefully, this new interest in skates will cause people to open up old skating rinks again.
Did you skate when you were a kid ? Was it roller skating or ice skating ? Tell me about your childhood adventures.
I’ve been a huge fan of the UK TV series “Thunderbirds” since I was a kid. If you can’t get enough of these wonderful shows and movies then groove on over to Amazon Prime and watch “Filmed In Superanimation”. It’s a wonderful, in-depth look into how this show came about in the swinging 60’s. Lady Penelope and Parker will serve you tea, just sit back and relax while you relive all the joy that was, and still is, Thunderbirds !
What a fabulous idea ! It certainly shows you what can be done with common objects.
This is my girl, Whirl. When I’m sick she gets as close to me as she can and gives me a big ol’ cat smile. Enjoy.
A Gentleman posted this, have yourself a laugh.
* Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.
* I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I’m cracking a safe.
* I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.
* Still haven’t decided where to go for Easter —– The Living Room or The Bedroom
* PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
* Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.
* I don’t think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we’d go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone
* This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog….. we laughed a lot.
* So, after this quarantine…..will the producers of My 600 Pound Life just find me or do I find them?
* Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
* Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.
* I’m so excited — it’s time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?
* I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I’m getting tired of Los Livingroom.
* Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.
* Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said “I hope I don’t have the same teacher next year”…. I’m offended.
* Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under